Saturday, May 31, 2008

Top 5 Reasons I Refuse to Fly: Oh Sh*t Aviation Moments

My wife thinks it's totally ludicris that I refuse to fly anywhere. I have a cousin who works for Continental and he tells me of the thousands of flights that enter and exit Newark airport daily. Statistics say that it is safer to fly than it is to drive in a car and yet I could care less. My fear might be irrational and unfounded, however allow me to explain further. It's not technical failure that scares me, it human error. People make mistakes, and I don't want it to be at my expense. The following images are the best the Internet can provide to convince you that while statistically it might be more dangerous to enter your automobile, I still prefer driving to flying the friendly skies any day.


5. That's not a runway genius!
















4. I don't know if this is real or not, but it's pretty freakin' scary!














3. Move B!t*h, get out the way, get out the way...

















2. Somebody in the tower is doing a terrible job.















1. With gas prices being what they are this guy is in for a real shocker on the next fill-up.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oceanic, Flight 815. Lord knows I wouldn't want to be stuck on an island with some crazed scientists, demagogues, and a whiny Australian!